Wednesday 17 March 2010

Kill The Knave

Once again, I am motivated to do something semi-productive, like start yet another blog, in the hopes of making myself feel somewhat creative and as if I'm making a difference and speaking out to the world...when really I'm just like every other hopeless and idealistic 18 year old blogger with no life. Excuse the ramblings, they're not all that impressive. Unlike everyone else on the web, though, I'm willing to admit to this fact, along with the fact that I'm saying all this stuff because in my mind it sounds so aimlessly cool. In reality, I'm nothing special, no different to anyone else trying to prove themselves as something offbeat and totally dedicated to the cause (whatever 'the cause' may be that week...). I'm as apathetic as the rest. In fact, I'm worse, because I so often claim not to be.

What even is "Kill The Knave"? A half-hearted attempt at sounding interesting and cutting edge? Me trying to be different, unique and clever all at once by using some abstract concept that even I am unsure of the meaning of? According to the Collins Pocket Dictionary lying conveniently to my left, 'knave' can be used to describe a 'dishonest man'. So I'm wanting to kill said dishonest men? Well, perhaps. Or, more likely, I just value the virtue of honesty. And that is what you'll see right here. My blog, probably quite rarely updated, will be one of honesty. I'm not one for bullshitting about what an amazing person I am (by, ironically, claiming to be completely the opposite), I'm not one to crave attention by pretending to be different whilst actually being exactly the same. Or maybe I am, seeing as I've fallen into the trap of creating another blog and becoming just another cliche. I think I sound clever with these words, when really they're just words...beautiful words that make no sense, because that's the point. If something doesn't make sense, it's clearly because it's 'cool', 'original' or 'clever'. No. This is just me. This is my blog. I'll talk like a mentalist but it will all be true. And what's truth? See 'true'. in accordance with facts. genuine. faithful. exact.

Kill the dishonesty, speak what's true. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment