Tuesday 5 July 2011

Library, please.

Being an English student, and a girl with a thirst for knowledge and far too much time on her hands, I read a lot. And I spend a large proportion of my money on books. Just yesterday, for example, I paid a visit to a charity bookshop in town to see if any books I need for my course next year were there. What did I leave with? A 3-volume collection of British Poetry, and a large book about Eighteenth Century England. For my course? Don't be silly [though the latter may be useful as I am studying some Eighteenth Century literature next year]. I am noticing, however, that I am suddenly becoming overwhelmed by literature of various sorts. I need a library. A traditional home library. It is one of my greatest dreams, actually, being the cool kid that I am, to have a library to house all my books in, to sit and read and write in, to relax in. Needless to say, in these first few lazy days of Summer this fantasy has swarmed my mind. And I have fed it. Picture time!

PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket

And in my library, along with many many books and my amazing old typewriter (courtesy of my grandad), I would have a traditional globe. It just completes the look...

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
[my personal favourite...no points for guessing why!]


And, although my heart is clearly set on the traditional look, I can't help but share the following picture. Totally cool!

Photobucket



Pictures from furniturefashion.com and JustGlobes.co.uk.

No comments:

Post a Comment