Sunday 4 September 2011

Updates and Angry Birds

It's official, I've become one of those people. People who I have previously dubbed as actually quite rude. People constantly on their mobile phone, constantly online, updating various statuses with life information few people actually care about. Hooked.

I am far from tech-savvy, but recently acquired a brand new phone. A phone with 'apps' and internet access. In fact, I could actually update my blog from there (if, y'know, I had got used to typing on the thing at all yet...). It seems that in this society even the least technical of us cannot escape, and eventually we'll all be online all the time. The pace of life seems to be increasing, everyone is always on the go...God forbid I get left behind.

Photobucket

This postsecret made me laugh. A lot. Along with the novelty of the internet, I am now obsessed with all the applications I can download. And one of the first? Angry Birds, recommended by my boyfriend (who consequently kept stealing my phone to play it, as he can't get it on his Blackberry). Can I hear you say 'addictive'?!

It is indeed a sad truth that, in today's technically advancing, ever-changing, world people are constantly 'logged on'. I honestly hope that my personal phone addiction will wear off as the novelty does, but I somehow can't see it. Gone are the days where you're not in constant contact with everyone you know. Gone are the days of simple country walks, trips far out with no contact with the outside world. We're all 'logged on'. We're all up to date. And we all love it, or (even worse) can no longer live without it.

Over and out.

2 comments: